Recipe by jillcomeau
I've tried alot of breakfast casserole recipe but this is the one that my family loves and I always come back to. We always have this on Christmas morning and it's also good for a make ahead dinner on a busy week night. I usually serve this with fruit of some kind and either a sweet roll or coffee cake.
Top Review by Kurt S
This is basically our every Christmas morning breakfast for as long as I can remember. We like to add mushroons a small amount of onion. Sometimes we add brocolli that we partially cook first. I seem to always add a little more bread then it calls for and we like to vary the types of shreaded cheese on top.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 slices firm white bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until browned and crumbled. Then drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Regfrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center tests done.