Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this because it uses canned corn and makes it taste much better. It's so easy and quick to put together. The original recipe uses cream-style corn, but I have only used whole kernel corn. Recipe is from "Favorite Recipes From Southern Kitchens---Vegetables" which apparently was published in 1968 by The Progressive Farmer Magazine and is credited to Charlotte McCracken of Sentinel, Oklahoma.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or butter a small, shallow casserole dish. ( Mine is approximately 6 1/2 inches square and 2 inches deep.).
- In the prepared dish, combine the cream, corn, and pepper.
- Cut butter in small pieces and put on top of corn.
- Put the broken saltine pieces on top of casserole.
- Bake until slightly brown on top (approx. 20 minutes).
Made for Spring PAC 2010. This is very good, easy to make but quite tasty. Simple AND yet elegant just how I like 'em. Thanks for sharing.