Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe I saw on Pinterest and wanted to get into my cookbook. A little more "dressed up" than other Country Club Chicken recipes I've seen but still easy to prepare.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, minced
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans concentrated cream of mushroom soup
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 apple, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- Cook the bacon and don’t clean out the pan. Drain the bacon on a paper napkin.
- Add butter to the pan and the chicken breasts - season with salt and pepper, Brown both sides and then put them in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Now in that same skillet saute the onion for about three minutes.
- And add the mushrooms and saute those for another 3 minutes, then add the apple. Cook it all for 3 more minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and crumble the bacon in there. Pour in the white wine. Then add in the soup and cheddar cheese. Stirring after each ingredient to combine well.
- Pour it all over the chicken breasts. Put the casserole in a preheated oven at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes. Until the chicken is super tender and the sauce is all hot and bubbly.
- While the chicken is cooking - Make your spaghetti according to the directions on your package.
- Serve spaghetti topped with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with more bacon.
very easy, very tasty, loved the bacon, mushroom, cheddar cheese combo....next time I think I will make it with buttered egg noodles or rice....the spaghetti seemed like an odd fit.
Very good, Made exactly as stated using cream soup substitute.