Recipe by Debber
Slushy and cool on a hot August afternoon, sitting with friends in the shade! Thanks to Gladys Taber for her inspiration in "Country Chronicle." The type of fruit juice will determine the "flavor"--try a mixture of pineapple & orange or berries & rhubarb juice. Your imagination is the only thing that limits you!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil; remove from heat, add fruit & lemon juices.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays OR loaf or cake pans to PARTIALLY freeze.
- Remove from trays or pans and whip or blend until smooth.
- Refreeze or use immediately.
- SERVE: fill tumbler half to two-thirds full of slush, then cover with gingerale.