Recipe by VickyJ
A great comfort casserole. You can adjust the vegetables, if you wish. This is a great week-night recipe.
Top Review by CASunshine
This was exactly what I was looking for! Or maybe I should have said "craving" since I was sick a few days and something like this sounded really good. I didn't have any red pepper or cream of chicken soup but I subbed cream of mushroom and left the peppers out. It was really good and so easy! I want to try it next with the peppers and correct soup but I can't imagine it being any better.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breasts, not cooked and in chunks
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb sliced carrot, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine rice, celery, diced red pepper, onions, butter, parsley and seasonings.
- Mix lightly. Spoon mixture in greased 3 quart shallow baking dish, top with chicken breast.
- Combine soup, Miracle Whip and milk, mixing until blended.
- Pour over chicken and bake 45 minute
- Add carrots, top with shredded cheddar and bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken is tender.