- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup white pearl onion, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- pie crust, 10 inch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 10-inch deep dish pie plate or three 4-inch ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt margarine in large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Add beans, bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over chicken and vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, half-and-half, thyme and sage; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until sauce is very thick.
- Stir in onions and corn.
- Return to a simmer; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is light brown and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I made this months ago and forgot to rate it. Didn't have the red pepper or pearl onions on hand, so I justed used regular onions and left out the pepper. Also used a bit more fresh thyme, as I had it. We actually made a homemade pie crust and baked individual pot pies in little bowls with the crusts on top. It was positively wonderful, and creamy the way you expect. I'm sold that chicken pot pie must have green beans!
Great recipe! Had no trouble with the recipe directions as I know most EXPERIENCED cooks read the recipe through before beginning it. Excellent flavor and a perfect 5 star recipe! Thanks!