Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One word sums up this recipie MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Havent met an adult or child yet that doesnt love this pie!
- 500 g chicken fillets, chopped
- 60 g butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml mushroom, sliced
- 236.59 ml broccoli floret
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml grainy mustard
- 4.92 ml cracked black pepper
- 118.29 ml grated tasty cheese
- 2 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- In a hot pan cook the chicken. Remove chicken from pan and add butter and onions, cook until onion is soft.
- Stir in flour, gradually add milk stirring constantly.
- add mushrooms, broccoli, herbs, mustard, pepper and cheese. Mix well. Stir through chicken and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Line greased pie dish with pastry. Add chicken filling and cover with patry. Trim edges.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook for 30-35 mins or until pastry is golden brown.
This recipe is quick and delicious. I added about 1/2 cup more milk than called for. Also a tiny bit of salt. Thank you for sharing this simple recipe. Definitely a keeper.
This was amazing and will be in the running anytime someone brings up chicken pot pie. I was really surprised with how easily and quickly this came together. Thank you for posting such a great recipe!
This was a wonderful chicken pie. I'm not a fan of brocolli usually, but it was perfect in this dish. The poultry was cooked perfectly, tender, moist and juicy. The vegetables, herbs and seasonings were well matched and perfectly balanced. We enjoyed the addition of the old cheese to the dish. The puff pastry was crisp, fluffy and tender. A dish I will make again. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.