Chef Fredo's Note:
I've made this recipe for years - it's a family favorite. I found it in an old country cookbook many years ago. It is very tasty and easy to prepare. I recommend doubling the sauce so there's extra to serve with the chicken (the coating will absorb some of the sauce as it simmers).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 2Combine flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl, mix well.
- 3Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then coat with flour mixture.
- 4Saute chicken in butter in pan until brown.
- 5Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- 6Add bouillon mixture to chicken with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 8My chicken pieces are usually larger, so I remove them to a separate plate when cooked until others finish. I add the chicken back to the pan for the final step.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets