Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've made this recipe for years - it's a family favorite. I found it in an old country cookbook many years ago. It is very tasty and easy to prepare. I recommend doubling the sauce so there's extra to serve with the chicken (the coating will absorb some of the sauce as it simmers).
- Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl, mix well.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then coat with flour mixture.
- Saute chicken in butter in pan until brown.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add bouillon mixture to chicken with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- My chicken pieces are usually larger, so I remove them to a separate plate when cooked until others finish. I add the chicken back to the pan for the final step.
Made this the other night for dinner and it was fabulous!! My DS and I love chicken picccata and this was no exception! I served it with Fettuccine All'alfredo, green beans and garlic bread for a wonderful Italian meal!! Made for Bargain Basement Tag. Thanks for sharing your recipe.