Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Cooking light
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces chicken livers
- 2 tablespoons port wine or 2 tablespoons other sweet red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 lb chicken breast, boned, skinned cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cubed and softened
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add chicken livers; cook 2 minutes or until livers lose their pink color.
- Add port, and cook 3 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates. Cool.
- Place chicken liver mixture, salt, and next 5 ingredients (salt through allspice) in a food processor or blender; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add the sour cream, chicken breast, and cream cheese; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spread chicken mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 170°. Cool; cover and chill 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.
A nice, light textured pate. I sneaked a taste of it while still warm, and really liked it, and it was equally good after chilling. However, the amount was too small for a loaf pan. I ended up with 14 oz of chicken after skinning and boning, and it looked rather sad in the loaf pan. So I transferred everything to a large ramekin, which was the perfect size. Mine baked in about 45 minutes. I might play around with the seasoning a bit, but, all in all, this was a nice treat.