Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make it as spicy or as mild as you wish. Nice presentation, changed to our tastes, originally from Tom Bridge - What's cooing Chicken
- Remove skin from chicken quarters if desired.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices in the base of a wide casserole.
- Season with salt and cayenne, then add the thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- top with the chicken quarters, then sprinkle with the diced bacon, onion, and carrots.
- Season well with salt and cayenne and arrange remaining potato slices on top, overlapping slightly.
- Pour over the stout or beer, brush the potatoes with the melted butter, sprinkle with salt and cayenne and cover with lid.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for about 2 hours, uncovering for the last 30 minutes to allow fhe potatoes to brown.
- Serve hot.