1/1 Photo of Country Chicken Fricassee
Creamy and delicious this is great served over mashed potatoes. Relatively simple to make and takes about an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet and brown the chicken thighs well on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as you turn them so all sides have some. Cook on medium-high.
- 2Once browned remove thighs from pan and add the extra tbsp of olive oil and diced onion. Lower the heat to medium and stir frequently till the onion is barely starting to brown.
- 3When the onion is ready return the chicken back to the pan and add the chicken stock. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- 4Poke the chicken with a fork and if the juices run clear and is tender transfer the chicken to large plate.
- 5In a small mixing bowl whisk together the milk, flour and tarragon. Turn up the heat for the skillet and whisk the flour mixture into the chicken stock.
- 6Add the peas and and bring to a rapid simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- 7Once the sauce is thick and the peas are heated through pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Chicken Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.5
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g