Recipe by Leahferne
Creamy and delicious this is great served over mashed potatoes. Relatively simple to make and takes about an hour.
- 10 chicken thighs, skinless
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml flour
- 9.85 ml tarragon
- 473.18 ml peas, petite
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet and brown the chicken thighs well on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as you turn them so all sides have some. Cook on medium-high.
- Once browned remove thighs from pan and add the extra tbsp of olive oil and diced onion. Lower the heat to medium and stir frequently till the onion is barely starting to brown.
- When the onion is ready return the chicken back to the pan and add the chicken stock. Simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Poke the chicken with a fork and if the juices run clear and is tender transfer the chicken to large plate.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the milk, flour and tarragon. Turn up the heat for the skillet and whisk the flour mixture into the chicken stock.
- Add the peas and and bring to a rapid simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the sauce is thick and the peas are heated through pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and serve immediately.