Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from a book and it looked good, so I saved it for us to try one day.
Make and share this Country Chicken Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package Pasta Roni chicken and brococoli with linguine
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In round 3 qt microwaveable glass casserole, combine the water, milk and maragarine. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 to 5 minutes until boiling.
- Gradually add pasta while stirring.
- Stir in contents of seasoning packet, frozen vegetables, chicken and basil.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high 14 to 15 minutes, stirring gently after 7 minutes. Sauce will be thin, but will thicken upon standing.
- Let stand 4 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Stir before serving.
I made this recipe on 9/18 for Bargain Basement Tag Sept.2012. I did follow the recipe as it was written, even gently stirring after 7 minutes. Even after 15 minutes, the pasta wasn't completely done.So if I do make this again, I just might cover the dish with a bit of plastic, to get the pasta fully cooked. Also if this is made again, I'm going to add either a bit of garlic powder or crushed red pepper flakes to give it more of a " punch of flavor ". Thanks for taking the time to post.