Prep 4 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have found that with age the desire to do everything from scratch because it's "better" has flown away. These days I generally look for things that are going to get me out of the kitchen...well..at least in the summer. This is a good way to get out quick. Prep time is opening the packages.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1.5 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked deli chicken (1/2-inch pieces, about 10 ounces)
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, each cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, combine frozen vegetables, undiluted soup, milk, and pepper; cover and cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are thawed, stirring once. Stir in chicken.
- Transfer chicken mixture to shallow 3 1/2- to 4-quart casserole. Top with biscuit quarters, leaving space between pieces.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are browned and mixture is heated through.
We liked the all-inclusive nature of this dish as well as how easy it was to make. I used fresh veggies that I cooked in the skillet with a little chicken broth and then continued on adding the soup and milk. I didn't realize that I didn't have any biscuits(that never happens)so we used a pizza crust that my Dh cut into strips and laced across the top. I would have taken a picture but they ate it before I got home. :-) I did add some garlic powder in with the soup. I think this is a great starting point to make a great family meal.
I found this to be bland(sorry), not enough flavor.I'm giving it 3 stars because it was easy to put together & turned out looking nice.
This was very good! I substituted low cal cream of chicken soup for the potato soup (because the store didn't have the potato soup) and the mixed veggies instead of the broccoli veggies. I also used reduced calorie biscuits. It was VERY GOOD for a quick easy meal. THis recipe is a keeper!