Recipe by Boca Pat
I am posting this as a request. This is one of my friends recipes and I have had it several times and it's excellent.This is another good way to use up that leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
This recipe has potential, and my husband enjoyed it. I didn't care for the frozen vegetables in this, maybe that's a personal choice. Also, it was just a touch bland. I'd add more spices next time, maybe ever some cheese. I'm sorry, this one is not a keeper for me.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 Melt 1/4 cup butter in lge saucepan over med heat Stir in 1/3 cup flour, salt and pepper until smooth Stir in half& half Cook until thickened& mixture comes to a boil Stir in chicken& vegetables Cook until thoroughly heated-- pour filling into ungreased 2 qt casserole.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In small bowl, combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup butter, cheese& egg.
- mix with fork until crumbly Crumble topping over chicken mixture Bake 400 for 20-30 minutes.