- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in half and half and bouillon granules.
- Cook until thickened and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Pour filling into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, butter, cheese and egg; mix with fork or pastry blender until crumbly.
- Crumble topping over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400º for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles around edges.