Recipe by Likkel
My kids really like the Banquet Homestyle Bakes, so this is patterned after their packaged chicken dinner...but we like this even better!
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups low fat country gravy (homemade or pkg.)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 8 light buttermilk biscuits (homemade or refrigerated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8 x 8 baking pan with Pam and then scoop in the mashed potatoes, spreading them to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the gravy and chicken (you can add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and/or 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables to the gravy/chicken mixture). Spread evenly over the potato layer.
- Place the biscuits over the top of the gravy mixture and place in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes (or until biscuits are golden brown). Let stand for 5 minutes and then serve.