Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful casserole. Tastes great and is relatively quick to prepare. Serve with a green salad, or fruit salad and biscuits, yumm!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups diced, cooked potatoes
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- parsley (optional)
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onions in 3 Tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add chicken, potatoes, pimientos, parsley, cream, bouillon, salt, rosemary and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt.
- Melt remaining butter; combine with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
wow! my husband loved this! and it was so easy! i had to forward it on to my mother
loved this cooked this for a dinner party everyone enjoyed it thanks for the great recipe
I liked the flavor of this dish, even though it seemed to be missing something as I stirred it up. I substituted 1/2 box of stuffing for the breadcrumbs as Teresa Lynn suggested and I do think this helped to bulk it up some. I also used small red potatoes and left the skin on some of them which added some texture. I will be making this again. Thanks!