1/5 Photos of Country Chicken & Biscuits
We've made this dish time and time again. The biscuits just about double in size when baked, and the French Fried Onions give them a wonderful flavor. For the mixed veggies I use the one that has corn, green beans, carrots, and peas... and it makes the dish very colorful as well as tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and broken into bite size pieces)
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted)
- 1 cup tomato (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 10 1/2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup milk, plus
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 3 ounces French-fried onions
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In greased 12x8 baking dish, layer the bacon, chicken, vegetables, tomatoes, and then 1 cup of cheese.
- 3Blend the soup and 3/4 cup milk with 1/2 of the French fried onions. Pour over the casserole, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- 4While the casserole is baking, combine the biscuit mix, 2/3 cup milk, and the remaining french fried onions - mix thoroughly.
- 5Drop the biscuit dough on top of the casserole by the spoonfuls to form 6 biscuits around the edge. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Chicken & Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.0
- Calories from Fat 564
- Total Fat 62.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 1875.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: