We've made this dish time and time again. The biscuits just about double in size when baked, and the French Fried Onions give them a wonderful flavor. For the mixed veggies I use the one that has corn, green beans, carrots, and peas... and it makes the dish very colorful as well as tasty!
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and broken into bite size pieces)
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted)
- 1 cup tomato (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk, plus
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 3 ounces French-fried onions
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In greased 12x8 baking dish, layer the bacon, chicken, vegetables, tomatoes, and then 1 cup of cheese.
- Blend the soup and 3/4 cup milk with 1/2 of the French fried onions. Pour over the casserole, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, combine the biscuit mix, 2/3 cup milk, and the remaining french fried onions - mix thoroughly.
- Drop the biscuit dough on top of the casserole by the spoonfuls to form 6 biscuits around the edge. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.