Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Wonderful creamy chicken without heating up the kitchen. Great to come home to.
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packagesdry chicken gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise.
- In crockpot, put potatoes, carrots and onions.
- Top with the chicken.
- In small bowl, mix gravy mix with the next 5 ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables.
- Whisk sour cream into drippings.
- Serve over chicken.
WOW!! What a dish. I didn't cut the breasts in half crosswise and I browned them just a little before putting in the crockpot. This is very well seasoned. Great balance in the mixture of spices. The smell while cooking was to die for. The sauce was especially rich and delicious. Inez, thank-you for another block-buster recipe.
Wonderful recipe! The chicken was moist and flavorful as were the vegetables. I was a little short on time so I cooked mine for 4 hours on high. My drippings were not quite thick enough for our tastes so I cooked them down a bit on the stove prior to adding the sour cream (this could have been due to my revision of the cooking time???). First thing my husband said was, "Did you get this recipe off Zaar?" He absolutely loved the flavor and body of the gravy ladeled over his chicken and vegetables. Thanks for another great recipe!
What a yummy chicken dish. I used boneless chicken breasts because I needed to use them up. I just cut them into 1-inch chunks. The gravy was very rich and well seasoned. The flavor of sage really makes this chicken dish outstanding. The veggies were tender as well. It took such little effort and the result was fantastic. Thanks Inez.