Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (24 ounce) bagshredded frozen hash browns
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions
- Combine soups and chicken broth. Stir in veggies, hash browns, chicken and onions. Place in gallon freezer bag. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Place in greased baking dish. Bake covered for 1 hour at 350. Uncover and top with more French friend onions. Return to oven and bake 10 additional minutes.
We really enjoyed this. I did make a few substitutions because of items I had on hand. I used a can of mixed vegetables as I don't normally purchase frozen vegetables. I also only had about 1/4 of a bag of hash browns so added them. I used the broth from when I cooked the chicken as I didn't freeze this. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. I shredded six four ounce chicken breasts. I cooked this for 35 minutes and then uncovered and cooked for another 10 with the onions on top. Everyone loved the onions on top. We all enjoyed this.
Easy and great! I used a little more of the french fried onions, but otherwise did it exactly by the recipe. It was very tasty, though next time I might add a few spices. My picky son ate it up without complaining and I wasn't complaining because it was easy! Thanks for the good recipe.
I have a kid who won't eat cream of mushroom soup. I love it, but she doesn't so much. We changed the cream of mushroom to cream of chicken and this was a very good make ahead meal for 5 people. I personally would have probably more enjoyed the cream of mushroom, and will probably try that on a weekend the kids are at grandmas!!