Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Terrific side dish. Great for Holidays, Sunday Dinners, and Dinner Parties. This is a true comfort food and always gets rave reviews at the table.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook cauliflower in medium sized pot filled with one inch water until tender then drain.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, crushed crackers, onions, peppers, salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs then drizzle with melted butter and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
Great recipe.<br/><br/>My mods to suit my tastes - add 2 teaspoons worcestershire and 1 tablespoon dijon. One whole onion instead of the peppers. Almond meal instead of ritz and breadcrumbs. Add 1 cup frozen peas. I omit the butter, no need for it.<br/><br/>I tried adding a chopped up zucchini once but that made it too watery.
THIS WAS DELICIOUS!! the best casserole I've made in awhile even. Only thing different that I did was I boiled the cauliflower in chicken broth that I had lefted over from the other day. I also used the Garlic and Herb breadcrumbs since this was what I had on hand. Turned out GREAT! I went back for seconds even LOL This recipe will be put into my favorite recipes file :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yummy way to enjoy cauliflower! he peppers give the white veggie some extra color. I only had green peppers, so mine wasn't quite as colorful as if made with the red and green peppers. Considering he red and green peppers, this would be a cute side dish fo Christmas dinner. Thanx!