Prep 15 mins
Cook 43 mins
A cousin of my husband made this for a family reunion. It was so good! I searched the internet and finally found this recipe on the Pillsbury Website. Try it! It is wonderful!!!!
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 439.41 g package nut quick bread mix
- 709.77 ml apple pie filling (from two 21-oz. cans)
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
Sauce and Topping
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine oil and eggs; beat well. Add quick bread mix, apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Stir in nuts from foil packet and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into sprayed pan; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 43 to 50 minutes or until cake is deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and whipping cream; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- To serve, cut warm cake into squares; place on individual dessert plates.
- Top each serving with warm sauce and ice cream.
I got very mixed reviews when I served this dessert, so it was very hard to rate. It is a very easy cake to make. The sauce is simply amazing! I used pillsbury banana bread mix as I couldn't find any nut breat. I think next time I would try a different kind of mix as I think the banana flavor took away from the cake. I also left out the walnuts because of the kids. Overall this is an easy and tasty cake. Thanks kittycatmom for a tasty treat last night. Made for PAC Fall 2008.