A cousin of my husband made this for a family reunion. It was so good! I searched the internet and finally found this recipe on the Pillsbury Website. Try it! It is wonderful!!!!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) package nut quick bread mix
- 3 cups apple pie filling (from two 21-oz. cans)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Sauce and Topping
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine oil and eggs; beat well. Add quick bread mix, apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened. Stir in nuts from foil packet and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into sprayed pan; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 43 to 50 minutes or until cake is deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and whipping cream; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- To serve, cut warm cake into squares; place on individual dessert plates.
- Top each serving with warm sauce and ice cream.