Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken (serving size pieces)
- 1 cup plum tomato
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sultana raisin
- salt and pepper
- almonds, Slivered (to garnish)
- parsley, Chopped (to garnish)
- Melt butter in skillet large enough to hold chicken in one layer.
- Add onion, carrot green pepper, garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to saucepan.
- Add oil to skillet.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture, cook in hot oil until nicely browned.
- Drain off any excess oil.
- Add tomatoes, their liquid, stock and curry powder to sauce with cooked vegetables.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Pour over chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coconut and raisins; simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Test chicken for doneness, check seasoning.
- Arrange chicken in serving bowl.
- Garnish with almonds and parsley.
- Serve with boiled rice.