Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Originally from O magazine. Very good.
Make and share this Country Captain Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 -4 chicken breasts
- Combine every ingredient but chicken in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to the mixture and ensure it is completely coated.
- Cover and refridgerate for at least 2 hours, but overnight is better.
- Grill chicken until cooked through.
I used chicken tenders and baked mine at 350° for about 20 minutes. I served with mashed potatoes. Thank you for the recipe.
Made this for dinner and got raves. Thanks for sharing. Family doesn't like yogurt and when they saw me preparing it said yuke, Told them if they didn't like it there was always frozen pizza, then I said yuke. Pizza's still in the freezer:)
Lovely and really tasty chicken. I loved the colour of the marinade, too. I added only half the amount of lemon juice and fresh mint leaves, because, I didn't want it too sour in taste. Otherwise, it's excellent and I used chicken thighs to make it. I omitted curry powder. Another thing I liked is that you've mentioned the exact cooking time i.e. 20 minutes, which I followed and used as 10 mins. for preheat and 10 mins. for grilling. I'm new with the oven, hence, I really do appreciate your mentioning te perfect time for the perfect Captain chicken. Yummy!