Recipe by motherof4boys
COUNTRY BRUNCH SKILLET
Top Review by LainieBug
A fun and excellent breakfast! This actually fed 6 people because I also served toast and fruit. The bacon and cheese sprinkled on top really makes this recipe special. Edited to add: I cooked the eggs over medium-low heat (instead of low) and since we like soft yolks, they were done in 3 minutes.
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.