Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
COUNTRY BRUNCH SKILLET
Make and share this Country Brunch Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
A fun and excellent breakfast! This actually fed 6 people because I also served toast and fruit. The bacon and cheese sprinkled on top really makes this recipe special. Edited to add: I cooked the eggs over medium-low heat (instead of low) and since we like soft yolks, they were done in 3 minutes.