Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Quick Cooking" magazine
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 cups hash brown potatoes, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over med.
- heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, leaving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 min.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender, about 15 min.
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 min.
- or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.