- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces bulk pork sausage or 4 ounces turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan prepare rice with water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook mushrooms, sausage, and onion until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off any fat.
- Stir in carrot, cherries or cranberries, parsley and basil.
- Stir cooked rice into sausage mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until heated through.