1/2 Photos of Country Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
A package of country gravy mix makes this casserole different. You can make it the classic way, or healthier by subtituting low fat sausage, egg substitute and less cheese. Whichever you choose, enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a skillet, cook crumbled sausage in large skillet over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage and drain on paper towel.
- 3Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place in 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese and then sausage evenly on top.
- 4In a blender, mix eggs, milk and Gravy Mix. (You could also use the Sausage Country Gravy mix instead) Pour mixture over bread, cheese and sausage.
- 5Bake covered lightly with foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 or 10 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6To make the night befoe: You can cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake 50 minutes then 10.
- 7Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 268.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: