Recipe by girlbuilder
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A different way to cook cabbage that even the kids will eat.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon
- 3 cups shredded cabbage or 1 small head of cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup onions, chopped fine or 1 small onion
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a large fry pan. When bacon is crispy, remove from pan and set aside to drain. In the bacon grease, fry the onion until slightly brown. Add the Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onion, cover and cook on med high heat until potatoes are browned, turning as needed. Add the cabbage over the top of the potatoes, cover and let cook until the cabbage is soft, approximately 10 minutes. Uncover and mix the cabbage into the potatoes, add the crumbled bacon and if desired, cover with cheese. Let cook until potatoes are done.