Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Add water,oil,honey,sugar and salt in container.
- Add flour;make a ridge and add yeast.
- Bake for Basic Bread.
- It is really good and so easy to make.
- To make it even better, remove from bread machine after the dough cycle.
- Shape in one large on 2 smaller loaves.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 preheated oven 30 minutes.
We loved this bread. I too added about 1/4C more flour but I used only white flour since I did not have whole wheat on hand and I wasn't sure if that may have effected the stickiness of the dough. No problem though, once the extra flour was added I kneaded it and shaped into a loaf. Placed in a greased loaf pan and let rise. It rose beautifully. I am very new to bread making and this made me look like I knew what I was doing. I have attached photos for you. Thanks so much Lorrie, I have found a keeper. (Made for Fall PAC 2008)
Great loaf of bread. Nice, crunchy crust and soft interior. I made exactly as written and had no problems. I usually let the ABM do the kneading and then finish by hand, but let the machine do the whole thing today and it turned out perfect! Went great with a big bowl of chicken soup.
This was very good. A little too heavy for me, but it could have been my flour ratio. It was more like a wheat bread to me, as I did have to add quite a bit of flour to make it the consistency that it needed to be, and I chose flour. I brushed melted butter on the top and baked it in the oven. Super good.