Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Simple and delicious!
Top Review by mums the word
We loved this bread. I too added about 1/4C more flour but I used only white flour since I did not have whole wheat on hand and I wasn't sure if that may have effected the stickiness of the dough. No problem though, once the extra flour was added I kneaded it and shaped into a loaf. Placed in a greased loaf pan and let rise. It rose beautifully. I am very new to bread making and this made me look like I knew what I was doing. I have attached photos for you. Thanks so much Lorrie, I have found a keeper. (Made for Fall PAC 2008)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water,oil,honey,sugar and salt in container.
- Add flour;make a ridge and add yeast.
- Bake for Basic Bread.
- It is really good and so easy to make.
- To make it even better, remove from bread machine after the dough cycle.
- Shape in one large on 2 smaller loaves.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake in a 375 preheated oven 30 minutes.