Recipe by Kelly0412
This recipe came from Eating Well. I would make one change however and only use half the amount of blueberries suggested. I have also made this with frozen peaches and it was really good too. It is really easy, versatile and healthy! Can't beat it!
Top Review by queenzig4578
Really good. I made it for my mom, and it looks REALLY good. It's also super easy to do. My only warning is keep watch of it while cooking, because I finished it with about 40 min left.
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) bags blueberries, frozen
- 2 teaspoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, milk, baking powder and salt until well blended. Stir in melted butter. Pour into baking dish.
- Pour frozen blueberries over batter; sprinkle with ginger.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm.