Saw this on Paula Deen's show and had to try it. Uses refrigerated biscuit dough. I reduced the amount of sugar - the original recipe called for 1/2 cup sugar with the blueberries which was very sweet. The warm, bubbling blueberries are just wonderful.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits, and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Dip each biscuit piece into the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture to coat well. Arrange in a single layer in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the oats.
- Combine blueberries and sugar in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Spoon blueberry-sugar mixture over oats and biscuits and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup oats. Drizzle remaining melted butter on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cake is golden brown and center is done.
- Cool for 10 minutes, serve warm.
Delish! I added a little powdered sugar/cream cheese icing and that made it!
What a great easy recipe this is...I had some grand biscuits I needed to use up and blueberries....Will put this in my favorite recipes. I did use splenda and sugar free brown sugar and margarine to cut the sugar and calories.
I found this to be heavy and bland even with extra butter and twice the sugar and some cinnamon added. I even added some pecans for crunch but it did not help either. Sorry, I did not care for this recipe.