The next time you bake biscuits, make them country-style and get a little rise from the yeast as well as the baking powder and baking soda. Serve Southern-style with cream gravy or with creamy butter and honey or jelly. From an old newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and grease baking sheet.
- 2Soften yeast in water.
- 3Sift flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- 4Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Pour buttermilk over cereal; mix well.
- 6Add to dry ingredients with yeast mixture.
- 7Mix just until well-moistened.
- 8Drop by heaping tablespoons two inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (656 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 161.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: