Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I just got this in my email from Pillsbury and it sounds so yummy. Personally, I don't like corn in pot pies, so I'm thinking peas and carrots instead of mixed veggies.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (from 32-oz. pkg.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and onion; cook and stir until beef is browned. Drain.
- In small bowl, combine gravy, cornstarch, sugar and pepper; mix well. Add to beef in skillet. Stir in vegetables and potatoes. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are thawed, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.