1/2 Photos of Country Bean, Beef and Cabbage Soup
This is similar to a stuffed cabbage soup, with beans substituting for the rice. I am on the South Beach Diet and this soup can be eaten on Phase I of the plan. It's very tasty and easy to prepare. Even if you are not watching your carb/sugar intake, it's a healthy good for you soup. This recipe originated from The Good Carb Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray inside of a large size dutch oven pot with non stick cooking spray; add ground beef.
- 2Cook beef over medium heat until it's crumbly and no longer pink.
- 3Add beef broth, tomatoes, onion, thyme, pepper and bay leaf.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 5Add cabbage and beans, turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove bay leaf and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Bean, Beef and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 751.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 23.3 g