Recipe by Nicole Brummett
I got this recipe from a friend that served them at her son's birthday party. These are easy, delicious and a big hit with kids.
Top Review by Maïté G.
These were a big hit in our family. Everyone absolutely loves them. I certainly will be making them again. Thanks for this great recipe. I used puff pastry instead of the buttermilk biscuits (never seen those in Belgium), and it turned out great, I just had to bake them for 5 min. longer.
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5 inch circles.
- Press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- Add diced tomatoes to meat if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; stir until smooth.
- Add to meat and tomatoes; mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup for each.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and serving.