1/3 Photos of Country Baked Noodles
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
This falls under the category: Amazing What a Great Recipe Can Be Produced from Such Humble Ingredients. It's quick and so easy to make too. This is another recipe from my favorite (award-winning) midwestern cookbook "Hollyhocks and Radishes." If you'd prefer, substitute sour cream for the yogurt, but IMHO it tastes just as good, and it's much lower in fat! (Note that this comes from a cookbook from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which is technically in Canada, so I'm submitting this for Zaar World Tour Canadian recipes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces egg noodles (fine) or 8 ounces eggless noodles (fine)
- 1 small yellow onions or 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian brands are available, if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cook egg noodles according to package directions (for fine noodles, boil 3-4 minutes) and drain.
- 3Mix all ingredients together except for paprika.
- 4Pour mixture in 2 quart casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Baked Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 617.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 19.5 g