Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple adopted recipe, for a dinner dish, with a change .
- 5 (15 ounce) cans baked beans
- 12 ounces bottled chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 chopped onions
- 3⁄4 lb cooked crumbled bacon
- 1⁄4 cup k.c. masterpiece barbecue sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir well , until blended .
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, at 350 degrees, or until bubbly around the edges.
I did make one substitution & added one ingredient when making this recipe ~ I used 1/4 cup of Hormel's real bacon pieces instead of frying the bacon, & I included 2 generous tablespoons of molasses, but other than that . . . All for a great tasting batch of baked beans! Thanks for posting this easy-to-make recipe~ [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]
A delicious twist on the humble baked bean- we loved the heat from the chilli sauce, and the smokiness from the barbecue sauce and the bacon...and so simple too!
This would be great with food off the BBQ...shame the summer is over here!
Thanks for another tasty recipe. Made for PRMR.
These are great beans and will be really good for a summer BBQ!! Made as is (just made 1/2 the recipe) and they had a great flavor. A little sweet, but that is how my mom made baked beans so I loved them! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #47.