Recipe by Irmgard
An easy, tasty recipe that can be served during the week by preparing everything the night before and refrigerating until you get home. Then just pop it in the oven for an hour and voila! Dinner is ready. It is a little on the spicy side as it calls for 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper; I myself only use half.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the thighs open, then flatten and scrunch together in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, apricot jam, olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Peel and cut the onions into quarters and add to the bowl.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Turn over each piece to make sure it is coated with the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 55 minutes.
- Serve with Basmati rice and broccoli.