Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
An easy, tasty recipe that can be served during the week by preparing everything the night before and refrigerating until you get home. Then just pop it in the oven for an hour and voila! Dinner is ready. It is a little on the spicy side as it calls for 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper; I myself only use half.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 onions
- Spread the thighs open, then flatten and scrunch together in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, apricot jam, olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Peel and cut the onions into quarters and add to the bowl.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Turn over each piece to make sure it is coated with the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, for 55 minutes.
- Serve with Basmati rice and broccoli.
Excellent, loved by all. Easy to make! I used chicken tenders and just poured sauce over. I had left over pilaf and cooked broccali, ummm good.
This was great. I made it tonight. I was a bit scared it wouldn't turn out as when I tasted the mixture it was very spicy and the soy sauce was very overpowering. But it turned out great. I used 1/2 tsp of cayenne, mine says it's extra hot so I am really glad I didn't put the whole tsp in as it would have been too spicy. I used red spanish onions as that's all I had. I only let the meat sit with the sauce for 10-15 minutes as I found the recipe today. So next time I will definitely let it set overnight! Thanks for sharing!