In 'Williams-Sonoma: Muffins'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped (or 1 cup dark or golden raisins)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 78.07 ml almond oil or 78.07 ml walnut oil or 78.07 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml applesauce (9oz, use glass measuring cup)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Grease 12 standard cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, and applesauce until smooth.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the applesauce mixture just until evenly moistened.
- 6The batter may seem dry at first, but it will loosen and smooth out as you beat the mixture.
- 7Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup.
- 8Bake until golden, dry and springy to the touch, 25-30 minutes.
- 9A pick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- 10Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Unmold the muffins.
- 12Serve them warm or at room temperature, with butter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Applesauce Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 162.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g