Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma: Muffins'
Make and share this Country Applesauce Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped (or 1 cup dark or golden raisins)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 78.07 ml almond oil or 78.07 ml walnut oil or 78.07 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml applesauce (9oz, use glass measuring cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease 12 standard cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, and applesauce until smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the applesauce mixture just until evenly moistened.
- The batter may seem dry at first, but it will loosen and smooth out as you beat the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup.
- Bake until golden, dry and springy to the touch, 25-30 minutes.
- A pick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Unmold the muffins.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature, with butter.