Recipe by greysangel
I found this recipe on Recipezaar, decided to lighten it up a bit and do a little tweaking! I'm very happy with the result and so were the co workers aka taste testers :D
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagephiladelphia light cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups apples (peeled and chopped (for best flavor use a combination of sweet and tart i.e. Grannies and Winesap or)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast chopped walnuts and oats - approx 7 minutes until golden and aromatic.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts and oats.
- Measure 2 cups crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan and bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Mix in egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Remove pan with crust from oven and pour cheese mixture over crumb mixture and top with apples.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.