Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm looking forward to trying this!
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 16 ounces caramels
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add nuts.
- Measure out 2 cups of crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining crumbs in greased 9x13 pan.
- Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Mix in egg and sugar and vanilla.
- Pour over crust.
- Top with apples and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Melt caramels with evaporated milk.
- Pour over top and bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.