Recipe by truebrit
I found this recipe in a newspaper a number of years ago, and I have been making it ever since. The apples go so well with the crumb and cream cheese layers. When fall comes around, this dessert is a real hit! Hint: Many reviewers have suggested doubling the amount of cream cheese!
Top Review by Ncinnamon
After reading the reviews I increased the cream cheese filling by adding another 8 oz peanut butter instead of cream cheese. I also cooked the apples a little in the microwave before baking them and added a little extra butter to the topping. This was a huge hit in my lab, people really loved it!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 828.06 ml apples, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts.
- Measure 2 cups crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Mix in egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour over crumb mixture, and top with apples.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- (Weight Watchers Points per serving: 7).