I found this recipe in a newspaper a number of years ago, and I have been making it ever since. The apples go so well with the crumb and cream cheese layers. When fall comes around, this dessert is a real hit! Hint: Many reviewers have suggested doubling the amount of cream cheese!
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts.
- Measure 2 cups crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Mix in egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour over crumb mixture, and top with apples.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- (Weight Watchers Points per serving: 7).