Recipe by truebrit
I found this recipe in a newspaper a number of years ago, and I have been making it ever since. The apples go so well with the crumb and cream cheese layers. When fall comes around, this dessert is a real hit! Hint: Many reviewers have suggested doubling the amount of cream cheese!
Top Review by Ncinnamon
After reading the reviews I increased the cream cheese filling by adding another 8 oz peanut butter instead of cream cheese. I also cooked the apples a little in the microwave before baking them and added a little extra butter to the topping. This was a huge hit in my lab, people really loved it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add walnuts.
- Measure 2 cups crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Mix in egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour over crumb mixture, and top with apples.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- (Weight Watchers Points per serving: 7).