1/5 Photos of Country Apple Squares
I found this recipe in a newspaper a number of years ago, and I have been making it ever since. The apples go so well with the crumb and cream cheese layers. When fall comes around, this dessert is a real hit! Hint: Many reviewers have suggested doubling the amount of cream cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 2Cut in butter to resemble coarse crumbs.
- 3Add walnuts.
- 4Measure 2 cups crumb mixture and set aside.
- 5Press remaining mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- 6Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- 7Mix in egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- 8Pour over crumb mixture, and top with apples.
- 9Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- 10(Weight Watchers Points per serving: 7).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Apple Squares
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g