Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This apple dessert will please your whole family! Goes over great at a pot-luck!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In lg mixer bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg; beat on low until crumbly.
- Press into ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- In sm bowl, blend sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Pour over sugar mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until topping is golden.
Love this dessert! I get wonderful comments on it, and it is so easy I feel that I'm cheating when I take it anywhere.
This dessert was delicious. Itook it to our senior citizen picnic and it was a hit. There wasn't a crumb left. I made some slight changes;Iused Peach pie filling instead of appleand substituted Pecans for the Walnuts.
I'm so glad I found this recipe. When I was growing up my sister in law who has now passed used to make this. She called it Apple Kuchen which is german. I love this dessert and so does my husband!! I also used fresh apples.