Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Southern Living Annual Recipes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- whipped cream
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in apple.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir in butter and milk.
- spoon over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minute.
- Serve with whipped cream.